- Attention Brandon Township Dog Owners
Dog License for 2015 will continue to be on sale until June 1st, 2015 at the regular prices. After June 1st, 2015 all dog license will be considered delinquent, and the cost will then be $30.00. Exceptions are: a new puppy, or new dog owner, (and they have 30 days in which to get a license). The 2016 dog licenses will go on sale the first week of December (2015) for the calendar year of 2016.
- Brandon Taxpayers
The 2015 Summer Taxes can still be paid in our office. Please contact the Treasurer's Office to check on your balance before issuing a check at 248-627-2853.
The 2015 Winter Taxes will be mailed out on December 1, 2015. The Winter Taxes will be due by February 14, 2016.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, THE DRIVE-UP DROP BOX IS LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE PARKING AREA OF THE TOWNSHIP OFFICES.
Check the local paper for a listing of holiday closures of our office.
The Township Treasurer collects and distributes your property tax bill for the following entities:
- State of Michigan
- Oakland Community College
- Oakland Schools
- School Districts of Brandon and Oxford
- County of Oakland
- Brandon Township General Fund, Police, Fire Operating, Fire Equipment and Housing, Library Operating, Library Bond, DDA and all special assessments.
Duties of the Treasurer's Office
- Receives all monies due to the Township/Deposit all monies
- Invest all monies to meet the cash flow needs of the Township
- Administer and collect all special assessment districts
- Produce, mail, and collect all summer and winter taxes
- Transfermonies and sign all Township payroll and accounts payable checks
- Sell dog licenses
- One of the seven voting members of the Township Board
- Reconciliation of all Township Bank Accounts
- Management of Payroll and Accounts payable Accounts, for cash flow.
- Distribution of Petty Cash for Township Employees. As well as keeping a monthly record of any money that is disbursed, and record of all the Investments with rates, locations & due dates. A monthly report is provided to the Township Board of the activity.