- Attention Brandon Township Dog Owners
Dog License for 2014 will continue to be on sale until June 1st, 2014 at the regular prices. After June 1st, 2014 all dog license will be considered delinquent, and the cost will then be $30.00. Exceptions are: a new puppy, or new dog owner, (and they have 30 days in which to get a license). The 2015 dog licenses will go on sale the first week of December (2014) for the calendar year of 2015.
- Brandon Taxpayers
As of March 1st, 2015, all 2014 taxes (with interest & penalty), are payable at the Oakland County Treasurer’s Office, which is located at 1200 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan 48341 . The phone number at Oakland County Treasurer’s Office is 248-858-0611.
Summer and Winter 2013 taxes must now be paid at the County. 2013 Summer and Winter taxes are now past due and will have penalty and interest added. 2014 Winter Tax will be mailed on December 1st, 2014.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, THE DRIVE-UP DROP BOX IS LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE PARKING AREA OF THE TOWNSHIP OFFICES.
Check the local paper for a listing of holiday closures of our office.
The Township Treasurer collects and distributes your property tax bill for the following entities:
- State of Michigan
- Oakland Community College
- Oakland Schools
- School Districts of Brandon, Oxford and Lapeer
- County of Oakland
- Brandon Township General Fund, Police, Fire Operating, Fire Equipment and Housing, Library, Library Bond and Village of Ortonville, DDA and all special assessments.
Duties of the Treasurer's Office
- Receives all monies due to the Township/Deposit all monies
- Invest all monies to meet the cash flow needs of the Township
- Administer and collect all special assessment districts
- Produce, mail, and collect all summer and winter taxes
- Run or sign all Township payroll and accounts payable checks
- Sell dog licenses
- One of the seven voting members of the Township Board
- Reconciliation of all Township Bank Accounts
- Management of Payroll and Accounts payable Accounts, for cash flow.
- Distribution of Petty Cash for Township Employees. As well as keeping a monthly record of any money that is disbursed, and record of all the Investments with rates, locations & due dates. A monthly report is provided to the Township Board of the activity.