2017 Board Meeting and Holiday Schedule
Regular Board Meeting Agendas
New Business Documents
*Agendas and documents are subject to change.
2016 Brandon Township Operating Budgets & Appropriations
Part-Time Administrative Assistant to the Treasurer
Do You Have Invasive Plants in Your Yard?
Brandon Township is a member of the Oakland County Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area. The OC CISMA has received grant funding to treat Phragmites, swallow wort and knotweed on public and private property. A demonstration site for phragmite treatment can be viewed at the Brandon Township Library. Property owners needing help controlling these invasive plants can contact Supervisor Thurman at (248) 627-4918 for assistance. Please see the flyer on Small Scale Phragmites Control for more information Front | Back.
Asian Bittersweet is another invasive plant found in Brandon Township. Information on identification and treatment of Asian (Oriental) Bittersweet can be found on the Asian Bittersweet brochure. Click here for more information
The 2017 Clean-Up Days for Brandon Township Residents will be scheduled soon. The collections will take place in the Brandon Township Community Park parking lot located at 1414 North Hadley Road just north of Oakwood Road. Residents may also take recyclable items (wood, metal, cement) to the CMI Drive location in Groveland Township after April 1st. They are open Monday thru Friday and on Saturdays in the summer months. All collections are fee free and require an appointment. For a complete list of acceptable items taken at Clean-up Days please VIEW the Acceptable Item List. Appointments can be made by calling the Brandon Township Supervisor’s office at (248) 627-4918.
Brandon Township’s Assessing Department is conducting a review of the assessment data. The process begins by reviewing aerial photography, property photos and assessment records. In order to maintain accuracy, the next step in the process is an on-site property visit. During the visit, the assessing department will announce their presence, take photographs, update sketches and spot check measurements if needed. No attempt will be made to enter your residence. Although the 2017 goal is to visit all properties north of Oakwood Road, other locations in the township may also be visited.
IRON BELL TRAIL PROJECT
Four route options are being considered for the connecting segment of the Iron Belle Trail through Brandon Township. For more information on the Iron Belle Trail, please visit www.michigan.gov/dnrtrails.
- Weapons Ordinance - Under Review
- Property Maintenance Code Ordinance - Under Review
- Effective March 20, 2017 Ordinance Sec. 46-242 (1) d. 5.-
The total area of all attached accessory buildings in the RE district shall not exceed the total square footage of the living area of the principle building or a maximum of 1,200 square feet. The total area of all detached accessory buildings in the RE district shall not exceed the total square footage of the living area of the principle building less the existing attached accessory building or 1,200 square feet, whichever is greater. The square footage of finished or unfinished basements shall not be considered when determining accessory building area. The area of detached accessory buildings may be increased by 400 square feet for each acre over 2.5 acres where additional acreage is part of a single lot or parcel.
- Effective March 20, 2017 Ordinance Sec. 46-242 (1) c. - Detached accessory buildings or structures shall not be erected in any residential front yard, except as follows:
1. for farms and farming operations, as outlined in subsection (3) of this section.
2. where lots are abutting navigable lakes and canals.
Brandon Township FOIA Policy
2017 Siren Test Calendar
Oakland County will now be offering the OakAlert System to anyone interested in receiving an email and/or text message with warnings and updates regarding emergency situations in Oakland County.
Assistance Resource List
- Contact information for agencies offering help to those in need can be found here.
- Assistance for farming operation improvements is available through the Natural Resources Conservation Service; Please Please contact Patrick Costello, Oakland Conservation District for more information, (248) 922-7822.
Assistance Resource List
Contact information for agencies offering help to those in need can be found here.
Assistance for farming operation improvements is available through the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Why are our ROADS not maintained like they used to be? Refer to: A Guide to Michigan's Road & Road Funding Crisis.
SPEED LIMITS ON TOWNSHIP ROADS
HB 4423 has been signed into law. It allows speed limits on gravel roads to be set at 45 miles per hour in a county such as Oakland that has a population of one million or more. Speed limits can be posted lower than 45 mph if a speed study supports the reduction. Municipalities will be responsible for paying for the required signage.
Worried about losing your home?
Southeast Michigan Regional FINSC may be able to help, call 1-800-522-1183
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT CENTER – Oakland County is offering free and confidential financial counseling. For an appointment call (248) 858-0624.
The Michigan State Dog law was passed in 1919 to ensure that all dogs have current rabies vaccinations. Oakland County Animal Control conducts a census each summer to make sure dogs residing in our community are compliant. Dog tags purchased after June 1st are considered delinquent. Please refer to the Treasurer's page for more information on purchasing dog licenses for your pet.
Hazardous Waste Disposal
- View Suggestions
- NO HAZ - Brandon Township is not participating in the Oakland County NO HAZ program this year but residents can still attend the collection events for $60.00/load. Please VIEW the collection dates and registration form.
Are you being environmentally responsible?
HRC has compiled a list of ways to conserve energy. View GREEN TIPS.
- OTV has MOVED from channel 99 to channel 189
- What is OTV?
- If you are looking for the latest viewing on OTV Channel 189, then consider ortonvilletelevision.com for a live internet stream of the local broadcast or check out the newest videos from sports, government and community celebration in the OTV archive section of the website.
- For a complete listing of programs....make it OTV now on ortonvilletelevision.com
Please direct citizen's questions and comments about OTV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerald Ash Borer
For more information on the Emerald Ash Borer and what homeowners can do with dying ash trees visit: http://www.emeraldashborer.info/.